Saturday, December 24, 2011

Preparations...

Christmas Eve preparations, my favorite day of getting ready.  Today at our blue house we are busy...


rolling 100's of tiny meatballs (from one of our cows)...


packaging foods to give as hostess gifts...


(I think they are going to love them!)


enjoying an Americano, cream, no sugar, ...


making cookies for "Santa"... at his father's request...


helping, or as I call it NOT helping... but she is so darn cute...


and paper wreaths all stacked in a row...

Whew!

Today's and tomorrow's advent cards all have to do with visiting family.  Last night we camped out under the tree.  And when I say "we" I mean the kids.  I slept in my bed just around the corner.   The kids have been counting down the days and now the final hours until Christmas morning.  I know they are excited for the gifts, they are children.  But I hope that in time the emphasis on the presents will fade and the special gift of Jesus born on the silent night so long ago will bring them even greater joy.  

... and if I don't see you tomorrow... 

Merry Christmas, dear friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...