Thursday, May 26, 2011

Welcome to the Family / Party Progress

Say hello to the newest addition to our farm family...


This adorable little girl was born one week ago today and has been shy with pictures until this morning.


At first her mother and aunts surrounded her...


And then they shoved her out of their protective circle to let us see!


Here is her sister. No longer the cute baby, a gawky teen, but still pretty in her own right. She turns one this weekend. Her birth (the first on this farm in a very very long time) was a huge surprise the afternoon we returned from a visit to Kentucky!


This is the beginning of our own little herd: the mother, the bull, two aunts, her older sister and baby makes six.



***************************************************

Still drowning in party preparations here. Does anyone else go all out and then at the last few days before the party regret undertaking so many new projects for themselves? Yep, that would be me. But go big or go home, right? It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't making everything from scratch. Good thing I have my own little party elves over here painting, sewing and in general making me NOT lose my mind! Thank you dear dear friends...

Just a few peeks at the upcoming festivities... these lovely things make me smile and will be seen at the dessert table.



I can't wait to show you the rest. I may not sleep for the next two days but this party is going to be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...