Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vegetables: The List

Source
My seeds come from all kinds of places and several are years old now. While I try to choose organic and heirloom varieties I will be honest that I also buy what is on sale. These are for sure what are in my seed box right now to be planted this gardening season.

The List:
Old Favorites:
Radish (Watermelon, Cherry Belle, Icicle)
Lettuce (Iceberg, Romaine, and several other kinds)
Spinach
Beet (Chioggia, Detroit Dark Red)
Turnips
Scallions
Eggplant
Peas (Sugar Snap)
Carrots (Long Imperator #58)
Beans (Bush several varieties)
Tomatoes (Roma)
Cucumbers
Winter Squash (Early Acorn)
Squash (Summer)
Bell Peppers (mixed)
Corn (multiple kinds)
Cabbage
Potatoes

New for 2011:
Pumpkins
Kohlrabi
Butternut Squash (Waltham)
Leeks
Arugula
Mustard (Southern Giant Curled)
Tomato (Cherokee Purple)
Watermelons (my stepson's request)
Swiss Chard (Rainbow Mix)
Pumpkin
Kale

I am sure there are more to be added to this list. I would like to try a snow pea or shelling pea. Perhaps some new varieties of eggplant and in the fall garlic. Perhaps add to my current berry bushes with strawberries, blueberries, and a variety of cranberry bushes. Of course there will be my herb garden and with any luck I may have a few asparagus spears to enjoy. I am brainstorming ways to try the Indian Three Sisters planting method to save space, improve the soil, and give Gary what he loves: CORN.

Seeds are a weakness for me. The prospect of what they will become... I am not tempted to buy a CD or movie or even clothing but a seed packet?!? Every time...


Progress on the greenhouse has been halted by a freak snow storm. I guess it is still February...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...