Tuesday, February 22, 2011

sNOw day

After a four day weekend, the kids have another day off , so we started it right.


French toast, with homemade bread, covered with berries and whipped cream.


This is the real stuff folks. Let me tell you. Don't try it because you won't go back.
Makes me remember how much I want a dairy cow. Can you imagine all that butter and cheese and ice cream...

After breakfast I took a walk outside. Its not often its both snowy and sunny where we live. Everything, EVERYTHING, is covered with a layer of ice. Its beautiful.


(I took this picture through a window, sorry about the screen)



Swing set. My kids miss you!




My pulley clothesline. I miss you.



Its kind of hard having to wear boots and winter coats again considering just a couple hours ago there was grass visible, but at least we had a few good days. It gave me enough motivation to finalize my seed order. Here is the list of what we will be growing, weeding, sharing, enjoying and preserving...

French filet green beans
arugula
snap peas
green peppers
paste tomato
cherry tomato
jalapenos
hot wax peppers
eggplant
edamame
watermelon
broccoli
pie pumpkins
butternut squash
kale
zucchini
artichoke
beets
snow peas
onions
cucumber (salad)
espanola peppers
cayenne peppers
sage
bok choy
asparagus
banana peppers
basil
cilantro
parsley
dill
thyme
oregano
pumpkins on a stick (ornamental)
oriental poppies (so pretty)
I'd like to find some quinoa and great northern dry beans to grow too.
-- not to mention our fruit and nut trees and berries
(I did not purchase all these seeds. I had most left over from previous years.)

Ah, feels good to scratch that one off my list. Of course, ordering is the easy part.

What do you plan on growing this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...