Monday, January 17, 2011

Words to Live by 2011

Accomplished adjective
1.
completed; done; effected: an accomplished fact.
2.
highly skilled; expert: an accomplished pianist.
3.
having all the social graces, manners, and other attainments of polite society.

Even before Christmas and the New Year my mind had turned to what 2011 would hold for me. What I wanted to accomplish in this coming year. I love feeling accomplished. Mostly in the sense of being "completed, done". Perhaps it is the perfectionist in me but I feel strong, proud, good, happy, like all is right in the world, when I check something off my list. But who wouldn't like to be accomplished and recognized as highly skilled at ____________. (I could think of a million real and fanciful things).

This year is different than others. This year will represent the close of my first year as a mother and stay-at-home wife. This year I can see the finish and start of so many projects long in the works. This year I can feel accomplished. The longing from my office is over and a new longing has begun. How to fit in being accomplished around the dishes? I will save for another day the list of what I want to accomplish. I am still dwelling on it but I will have a few words that I hope to live by this next year. I promise to share.

Until then I hope you have an accomplished day. I sure did. Christmas decorations taken down. Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...