Monday, September 5, 2011

Pony Pulls Highlights


The winning team pulling about 2000 lbs


The winning team pulling 4000lbs!

I was thrilled that we were able to see the Pony Pulls because it was the one thing that I had said I really wanted to see. Unfortunately, I only saw the light weights. Literally this ponies start pulling a sled filled with a 1000 lbs (light weight... are you kidding!?!) and ended with the winning weight at 4000 lbs. Well I am impressed. The heavy weights start at 3500 lbs. Amazing! When the ponies start pulling they are a bit excited but as they pull heavier and heavier the men handling them can hardly even hold them back. I can only imagine the Draft horse pulls. My mouth is dry thinking about it. It just shows you give an animal a job that fits them and they love it. These ponies give it their all.

The pulls started at 7:00 p.m. and were still going when we left at 10:00 p.m. I could have been glued to the stands the entire time but out of respect for my family and Wade's attention span and all the other wonderful fair sights we only watch the first pull category. Gary did sacrifice seeing his beloved Oxroad Tractor Truck Pulls this year. Maybe next year we can do both...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...