Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pressing on my Heart


I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


How could you argue with the words and logic of Martin Luther King, Jr.? You can't. He gave his life for what he believed... I have debated if I should say something or not regarding the death of Osama Bin Laden. A former professor posted the above quote on his Facebook wall. That is exactly how I feel. I am not anti-American. I am not forgetting what was lost. I remember quite vividly the chaos, pain, heartache, heroism and patriotism around the tragic events of September 11, 2001. However, God will not allow my heart to cheer over the death of that sad, angry, lost man. No. Without Jesus as His Savior, Osama Bin Laden is forever separated from God. How much more sad can that be? What he orchestrated was disgusting and evil but I will not raise my glass to his death any more than I would to a person's death on death row. It seems unchristian.

"Revenge is mine declares the Lord"... no matter how just it might be.

Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. - Romans 12:19

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please forgive me if I offended you. It would never be my intent. God Bless


3 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more! I have been struggling to articulate my feelings and you have done that for me perfectly. Thank you. I've been feeling like the only one with a sick feeling of dread and sadness as I watch all the celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim for your comment. I wrestled with how to respond since I heard the news. I am glad I am not the only one struggling with current events. So many sad and tragic things in the news lately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are precious Lauren..........thank you for your thoughts. It is a sad day, any day when one dies and does not accept the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ. I have not watched any TV. Guess that is good.

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...