Saturday, May 21, 2011

Good Food Friday: On Saturday: Soulvaki (Shish Kabobs)



In general this can be made any way you like it, however this is my recipe that is quickly moving to a family summer favorite. Here is what you need:
  • 2lb. pork roast
  • Assorted veggies (Eggplant, peppers, red or white onion, mushrooms, etc.)
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • Dried oregano for seasoning skewers on grill
Cute your pork into bite sized cubes. Mix all ingredients (except veggies) to create a marinade. Marinate pork cubes at least 30 minutes or overnight if you plan ahead. Use marinate for basting as well. While pork is marinating I then cut up the veggies (use what ever your family enjoys) into bite sized pieces. I start with the eggplant because I like to soak my eggplant (at least 30 minutes) in salt water to remove some bitterness.
Eggplant and pork marinating.

Bite sized veggies.

I snip the skewers in half to make grilling easier for me and to create an illusion of "less is more". No more than two pieces of meat go on a skewer then and my guys eat more veggies!
My mini skewers waiting to go on the grill.

Grilling. I cover them with a large cookie sheet.
Grill over medium-high heat for about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve as soon as possible! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...