Saturday, May 7, 2011

Circle Corsage Tshirt

Well, what do you think?


The idea is not original (duh) but I'm just here to remind you what you can do with thirty minutes, a pair of sharp scissors and a boring t-shirt. I think I will be bringing this transformation to my next Wednesday gathering with the girls where we take turns hosting projects. Seriously one of the highlights of my week. Starting and completing a project is so energizing and this one is so quick and satisfying they are going to feel great immediately after. Do you know that the more you create the more creative you become? Anyway...

Cut circles. Eye ball it. Hmm... a little bit bigger than this button sounds good to me.


Not perfect by any means but they don't have to be. I have also seen designs where the shape is a heart or star.


Sew them on. A couple a stitches in the middle of the circle does the job. Don't bother to knot and cut after each circle, just continue. I know all of you avid seamstresses are saying "of course" but this was seriously my "whoa" moment.


See, it's already taking shape. Don't put too much thought into it. I kept trying it on to see where I wanted the shape to go.


At the end, I decided to take it up around the shoulder onto the back. Too much?


Most other versions of this are a single color, so at least I'm a little bit different...


And here I am trying to get a picture of myself in this new shirt. There has got to be a tutorial on line for this kind of stuff.


Counting this one a success. Easily duplicated on pillows, or smaller versions on clips like these, and of course, more t shirts. I think using the lace and silk circles make this one a bit fancy. Maybe on the next one I'll used a screen printed t shirt for the circles. So many possibilities. Perhaps just a few in the center or neckline, on the side..

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am going to try this out with my seamstress friend soon. I think even I might be able to figure this one out. Looks like a great library craft program too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...