Welcome to Good Food Friday. Today's recipe...
Do I really need to say anything else?
Maybe I could tell you these are possibly the easiest and most impressive treat ever...
I could tempt you with the way they simply melt in your mouth...
Or maybe I could mention the tons of variations there are with swapping one ingredient...
How about I ask you to trust me and make a batch yourself.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons kahlua (or amaretto, or rum, or cherry, or any flavored liquor) *optional*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Place chocolate (and liquor) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter and cream in a saucepan set over medium heat. Watch closely because you don't want it to boil over.
- When the cream mixture begins to bubble around the edges pour it over the chocolate. Stir until all chocolate is completely melted and very smooth. Lumps would ruin the texture of the final product.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight. (I prefer overnight because my chocolate cravings are easier to resist in the A.M. hours.)
- With a melon baller or small teaspoon and clean fingers, scoop and roll the semi-solid chocolate mixture into mis-shaped bite sized rounds. (If you don't work fast enough the mixture will warm up and get very sticky. When this happens, place your bowl back in the fridge for a bit to cool again.)
- Roll in cocoa powder (or powdered sugar, or chopped nuts, or coconut flakes, or instant espresso powder...)
- Refrigerate (or freeze) until firm but bring to room temperature before enjoying.
Makes 30, give or take. My latest batch made almost 40.
Remember that Valentine's Day is just around the corner, so share the love. I sent a couple of these in for each of the boy's teachers today because I'm all for consumable gifts.