I have nothing fun to say about this supper.
I made it and I make it often.
And they all eat it. No complaining and no leftovers.
I think that is pretty good for any meal and therefore it deserves a post.
But the steamed broccoli, eh, not so much.
What is it about that vegetable and kids under 4?
- 6 cod filets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- splash of milk
- 1 cup almonds, chopped very fine (or another nut like pecan)
- 1/2 rice chex, chopped very fine (or bread crumbs, but we do gluten free and gf bread is like gold here)
- dried dill (from my garden, yay!)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- In first shallow bowl or plate, spread flour and season with salt and pepper.
- In a second bowl, lightly beat egg and milk.
- In third shallow bowl or plate, combine ground almonds, ground chex and dill (to taste).
- One at a time, dust entire fillet with flour, then dredge in egg mixture, finally coat with nut mixture. Place breaded fish in a glass 9X13 inch baking dish. Squeeze the half the lemon over fish.
- Bake until fish fillets are opaque and flake easily. Time will vary depending on the thickness of the fish. Serve with remaining lemon.