Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mr. Rodgers: Garden of Your Mind




Of course I grew up watching Mr. Rodgers. I loved pretending and imagining as a child. I am not sure exactly how our children are losing that but they are. I for one hope my children will "grow things in the garden of their mind". 

I am falling in love with Janet Lansbury's blog. I have found it to be a truly great go to resource for issues with Wade and it is completely changing how I want to interact with Ethan and encourage him to play. Honestly, I wish I had found it sooner. Of course I may or may not utilize everything taught there. No one has to camp out with just one way of doing things, but I found a particular article from this week regarding how our children are loosing play to be scary. I feel strongly about play and imagination. It was my favorite part of childhood. I want Wade to experience that in its fullest. He will have a lifetime of being "grown up". No need to rush things now. 

If you are interested in reading about how preschoolers are loosing play please read this article: Don't Let Your Preschoolers Forget How to Play


Enjoy growing things in the garden of your mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...