Wednesday, October 12, 2011

God had Him in Mind When He Made a Cowboy



Buck the Film

I remember reading about Buck back in the days of my Horse Illustrated magazine subscription. It sure wasn't often that a horse "whisper" was mentioned in my small area of horsey influence. Perhaps if it was my whole world would be different right now. I honestly can't remember when or how I became aware of other ways to "train and break" a horse but it happened. I do remember riding severally abused animals and thinking about how they changed my life with their brokenness but willingness to trust again. I dreamed that I would someday bring together broken people and broken animals and together they could find healing. Lots of amazing people out there are doing just that and it is awesome. One such place is Crystal Peak Youth Ranch. You won't be able to read Kim Meeder's book "Hope Rising" with a dry eye. I feel blessed that I was able to touch on and experience this like of bond with horse and rider with our horses Summer & Freckles before we sold them to better homes.

I didn't know when I would be lucky enough to see this documentary on Buck and his life and training "techniques". However, if you have a Netflix subscription you can now see it on Netflix streaming (and probably DVD). Even if you aren't a horsey person I would recommend watching this film. The unbelievable hardship and abuse that Buck overcame in his own life is remarkable and inspiring. He has a lot more to offer to the world than just training horses and starting colts.

Buck... I pray with all my heart that you know Jesus in this world and next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...