Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ordered

Fermenting. Real Food. Traditionally prepared food. Preserving. These phrases are everywhere. I ferment veggies for the first time this winter and discovered that many, many other people are fermenting veggies for the first time or should I say the first time in a long time. Well good for us.



The lovely jarred veggies are from my first experience fermenting and I have to tell you I am dying to repeat it. Well it won't be long now until I am making more fermented veggies, kefir, and kefir water. All kinds of nutritionally filled long lost goodness will be filling my refrigerator and pantry.

My starters have been ordered. As I learn I hope to understand the processes better and be able to fine or make my own starters for free or cheap but we all have to start somewhere. I promise to share what I learn with everyone who will listen. Until then I have purchased from Culture for Health and those wonderful little boxes of magic shipped today! 



Here is to celebrating baby steps to better health and better for you food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...