Thursday, March 10, 2011

Baking Soda Facial


That's right. Just when you thought there wasn't another use for that orange box, here is one that doesn't involve a sponge, dirty laundry or a quick bread recipe...

A facial! Yes, when mixed with water to the consistency of a slurry baking soda becomes a natural substitute for microderm abrasion. I gently massage my face and neck with my fingertips for about a minute. I had to remind myself to use a light hand because while the baking soda is natural it is still quite effective and if I were to apply too much pressure my skin would be pink and tender afterwards.

I been experimenting with this the last few weeks and I must tell you I am always rewarded with skin that can best be described as velvety. A little treat just for me, no sharing. Well, except with you now. While it is safe enough to use everyday I generally don't because my face can get dry and I'm pretty sure that if water tingles my dry skin then that baking soda will burn. After my cheap mini facial, I am always sure to moisturize.

Using just a couple of the baking soda treatments convinced me to quit buying my more expensive facial scrubs. I have also treated my hair once a week to a deep down cleaning by combining an equal part of baking soda with my regular shampoo. Just another way to save a couple bucks. And I love products I can use in more that one (hundred!) ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...