Monday, October 25, 2010

Low Country Boil


The house was beautiful, the company was wonderful, the weather awesome and surprisingly warm, and the food was good. Our Low Country Boil was a HUGE success. I have to give credit where credit is due and Jackie deserves a HUGE pat on the back. In her excitement to host an all adult party that wasn't just "ordinary" she really went above and beyond. One of her many talents is hospitality for sure.

Every guest was asked to bring a food item.
1. sausage
2. old bay spice
3. grapes & cheese & crackers (for an appetizer)
4. corn bread
5. potatoes
6. shrimp
7. onions, garlic, lemons

But our party was decorated on the cheap. Old Christmas lights, candles I had in my drawers for 7 or 8 years, a bag of baby pumpkins for $3.99 that I sprayed gold with paint I already had, a table cloth of old packing paper, torn pieces of kale from the fall garden, candle holders from old wine bottles, and lovely napkins from a sheet and scrap material (the last two were all Jackie!).

Guest who were connected to me or Jackie were invited and I would say all had a lovely time. Even our men who don't "enjoy" that sort of thing had a nice time. We are already daydreaming of our next adult only party. Perhaps a murder mystery dinner or a ugly Christmas sweater party. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...